Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Olympic Medalists Receive Flowers

Every two years the rest of my life goes on hold so that I may savor every moment, every detail of the Olympic games.  Those details include a very unique part of the Olympic experience.  Not only do I enjoy the gut wrenching thrill of  competition, the speed, the power and the technique of the athletes, but I can't get enough of the awards ceremonies.  I'm not just talking about the handing out of the medals; which are gorgeous by the way, but I'm talking about the flowers.  Each athlete is given the gift of flowers and with good reason.  Flowers are a part of our lives as humans on this planet.  There is nothing more natural than giving a gift of flowers.  They make us feel better emotionally when we see them, touch them and smell them.  They actually decrease our blood pressure and stress levels.  And, they're a fitting way to celebrate the triumph of Olympic champions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment